Airsoft is a recreational shooting sport that requires various amounts of gear, one of the most important being a solid pair of gloves. The best airsoft gloves will protect you from the elements and BBs themselves.
The best airsoft gloves for most consumers are the Mechanix Wear M-Pact Gloves for Airsoft. These gloves offer a ton of protection and excellent ventilation and are machine washable. It comes in various sizes and colors, so you can pick one that fits you best.
The only instances in which I wouldn’t recommend the M-Pact gloves are if:
- You’re on a strict budget. Go with the Seibertron SOLAG Tactical Gloves (available on Amazon).
- You’re looking for more dexterity and ventilation. Go with the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (available on Amazon).
- You’re looking for maxim protection. Go with the Glove Station Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves (available on Amazon).
|Top||Best Overall: Mechanix Wear: M-Pact Gloves||PrimeEligible||Check on Amazon|
|Best Budget: S.O.L.A.G Tactical Gloves||PrimeEligible||Check on Amazon|
|Best dexterity and ventialation: PIG Full Dexterity Tactical||PrimeEligible||Check on Amazon|
|Best protection: Glove Station - Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves||PrimeEligible||Check on Amazon|
In this article, I’ll take you through what you should consider when buying airsoft gloves and show how each of my picks stacks up in these categories. I’ll also discuss why the M-Pact is the best choice for most people and the alternatives that are better options in certain situations. Keep reading to choose your best airsoft hand protection.
Useful: I am sure you have already read my full guide on what to wear for airsoft.
Best Overall: Mechanix Wear M-Pact Gloves for Airsoft
The Mechanix Wear M-Pact are my favorite protection gloves. I don’t use them just for airsoft but also for when I feel like playing paintball. They are an excellent pair of gloves covering all the bells and whistles. These gloves are a fantastic choice for beginners and experienced airsoft players.
Mechanix Wear M-Pact model is hugely feature-rich compared to their other models. The back of the hand features a Thermal Plastic Rubber or TPR ( a significant upgrade from the low-quality plastic cover on other tactical gloves). This rubber does wonders for the glove’s durability, heavily reducing incoming impact and limiting your risk of injury.
This thermoplastic rubber protects the knuckles and palms and covers the fingertips for increased protection and improved grip. The grips are highly resistant to oils and grease, ensuring you keep a firm hold on the rifle without slipping out of your hand.
Even with all the added protection, the gloves retain an excellent range of motion and maneuverability. This is because the rubber is highly flexible, ensuring you keep your dexterity.
These gloves are surprisingly breathable. The mesh on the back of the hands, plus their form-fitting TrekDry design, allows for solid ventilation, keeping the hands cool and dry.
Mechanix Wear M-Pact gloves are also very convenient. Their synthetic material makes them touchscreen-compatible and entirely machine wash-safe. Its ends are fitted with a velcro strap allowing you to tailor your fit perfectly. These gloves also have a nylon pull loop, letting you hang them off your other equipment.
These gloves come in various colors and sizes, so you won’t have to compromise wants for needs.
Bottom line: I highly recommend Mechanix Wear M-Pact gloves if you want something that covers all options. Extremely durable, flexible, and lightweight, offering the best airsoft hand protection, comfortability, and convenience.
Great for beginners AND experienced players
A bit more expensive than other gloves
- High-quality protection. These gloves feature thermoplastic rubber that meets the EN 13594 impact standard, ensuring it protects the knuckles and fingertips. While its D3O palm padding absorbs impact and vibration, limiting the risk of injury.
- Flexible material. Its protective rubber is highly flexible, allowing you to perform dexterous tasks like shooting and reloading magazines.
- Focus on convenience. These gloves are touchscreen compatible, machine washes safe, and features a hook and loop closure. Mechanix Wear M-Pact gloves come in various colors and sizes, making them one of the most convenient options on the market.
- Not the most ventilated option. Although the TrekDry design helps with its breathability, other brands (and other Mechanix Wear models) have better ventilation.
- More expensive than most other options. Although they have great value because of their extensive features, these gloves are slightly more expensive than their competitors.
|Material type||Faux Leather|
|Protection||Thermal Plastic Rubber|
|Available sizes||Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large|
|Colors||Black, Brown, Multicam, Woodland Camo, Grey|
Best Bang for the Buck: Seibertron SOLAG Tactical Gloves
Seibertron’s SOLAG tactical gloves are your best option if you’re looking for protection on a budget.
These gloves are designed to provide adequate protection while not hindering your tactical maneuvers. They are made from a thin stretch that can tailor to your hand’s size, adding to their comfort. The back of the gloves features added foam padding to enhance its durability and protection.
The gloves also have two large velcro strips on the back and writs area to customize their fit further while keeping them snug on hand. This security means it won’t slide during use ensuring a stable grip and uninhibited movement during your activities.
Although one of the cheapest options on the market, Seibertron’s SOLAG tactical gloves are incredibly convenient. These gloves feature a hook and loop closure allowing you to hang them from your equipment when not in use. They are machine wash safe and available in an extensive range of sizes.
Bottom Line: These gloves are incredibly affordable, durable, and provide adequate protection. If you’re looking for high mobility pair of gloves with decent protection that won’t break the bank, Seibertron’s SOLAG tactical gloves are the way to go.
Insulation could be better
- Very Affordable. Seibertron’s SOLAG tactical gloves are one of, if not the cheapest tactical gloves on the market, making the perfect fit for any budget.
- High mobility. These gloves are highly mobile, allowing you to perform various tasks without hindering your dexterity.
- Lightweight. Seibertron’s SOLAG tactical gloves are very thin and light, meaning they won’t tire you out or feel bulky after extended use like other options.
- They are not highly insulated. These gloves aren’t made from a very insulated material. This means they aren’t designed to match up to thicker gloves in colder weather
- They could be more breathable. Although very thin, these gloves lack excellent ventilation. After extended use (1–2 hours on average), these gloves tend to cause sweating.
|Material type||Faux Leather, Polyester, Nylon|
|Touchscreen compatibility||No/Depends on the version|
|Available sizes||XX-small, X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large|
Best for Mobility: PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Alpha Gloves
If you’re looking for a highly trusted product and uninhibited (at the expense of added protection) shooting feel, nothing is better than the PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) Alpha Gloves.
These gloves are thin and breathable, featuring rigid padding for the knuckles. PIG FDT gloves offer minimal impact protection in favor of enhanced dexterity and shooting ability. These gloves are popularized for their barehand shooting feel. Their single-layer multi-piece palm is explicitly designed for minimal contact with your shooting grip.
PIG’s Full Dexterity Tactical alpha gloves are trusted by the US Special Operations. A real battlefield demands peak dexterity, as quick and accurate firearm handling can be the difference between life and death. If it is good enough for real soldiers, you know they will perform well in the simulation world of airsoft.
Their thin, breathable material and added finger joints ensure maximum wicking and ventilation. This keeps your hands cool and dry after long use periods. For added comfort, they feature a small velcro strip to keep the gloves snug and fingertip covers to protect your fingernails.
PIG’s Full Dexterity Tactical alpha gloves cover most of the basic convince options featuring a hook and loop closure so they can be carried and is available in multiple sizes and colors. Their material also allows for touchscreen capability.
These gloves’ knuckle padding is flexible enough to let you reach in your pockets and gives you enough mobility even to tie your shoes while wearing them (a feat not easily accomplished with thicker gloves).
Bottom Line: If your focus is keeping your dexterity, shooting prowess, and you don’t mind minimal protection, then no glove is better than PIG’s Full Dexterity Tactical. These gloves are highly trusted for their mobility, comfort, and convenience.
Not build for cold weather
- Unmatched dexterity. PIG’s Full Dexterity Tactical alpha gloves boast an incredible amount of mobility. Allowing you to perform virtually any battlefield task with little to no restriction. They’re known for their barehand shooting feel. They are designed for minimal material on your shooting grip. Using its thinnest layer to cover your trigger finger allows for peak sensitivity
- Trusted Brand. These gloves aren’t just perfect for airsoft but real battles as well. US Special Operations soldiers and units use PIG’s Full Dexterity Tactical alpha gloves (and other PIG brand gloves).
- High-quality ventilation. These gloves are some of the most breathable on the market. They feature venting material for maximum wicking, which means your hands stay cool and dry even during extended use. Their thin material is also very durable, allowing the gloves to be used for a long time.
- Expensive. PIG’s Full Dexterity Tactical alpha gloves have some great qualities, but they have a stiff price point, making them one of the most expensive options on the market.
- Not built for cold weather. Although thin and very breathable, this material isn’t designed for the cold and won’t offer much insulation.
- Limited protection. These gloves are designed to be sleek and less bulky than their competitors. Although this is great for dexterity and ventilation, these gloves offer much less protection than other options making them a poor option for reducing pain.
|Available sizes||Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large|
|Colors||Black, Coyote, Ranger Green, Carbon Grey|
Most Protection: Glove Station Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves
If you’re looking for holistic protection across multiple jobs and temperatures, all for a reasonable price, Glove Station Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves is the pick for you.
These gloves offer some of the most versatile protection on the market. They feature rugged knuckle protection and extra padding for your fingers and palms. Giving these gloves excellent impact protection decreases your risk of a hand injury.
Although it has high durability, the material is still highly flexible. This ensures strong protection without having to sacrifice any finesse or dexterity. Glove Station Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves have solid insulation and ventilation, allowing you to use them across various seasons.
They are also a very convenient option, available in various colors and sizes. Their material allows for touchscreen compatibility, and their hook and loop closure will enable them to be carried easily. They also feature an abundance of air holes to reduce stuffiness and make the gloves very easy to put on and remove.
Bottom line: If you want the most protection for the best price, you won’t find many better options than Glove Station’s Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves. These gloves are some of the most versatile on the market, offering quality protection and high mobility across various seasons.
- Impact protection. Glove Station’s Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves feature hard knuckle coverage and extra padding for the palms and fingers, keeping you safe from impact and vibrations.
- Affordable. Even with all its features, these gloves maintain a low-end price point making them one of the most affordable options on the market.
- Versatility. Glove Station’s Cold Weather Tactical Shooting Gloves can be considered a jack of all trades. They offer solid protection while letting you maintain dexterity. They are warm enough for cold weather use as well as decently ventilated. Plus, these gloves have a variety of convenient qualities.
- Limited ventilation. Although they have decent ventilation, it could be better, especially compared to their competition, as extended use tends to cause the hands to sweat.
|Material type||Polyester / Faux Leather|
|Protection||Hardshell knuckles and reinforced padding on fingers|
|Available sizes||Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large|
|Colors||Black, Tan, Camouflage, Grey, Green|
After considering budget, protection levels, ventilation, dexterity needs, and a host of other factors, I’ve found that the best overall airsoft gloves for most people are the Mechanix Wear M-Pact model.
Compared to my other picks in this article (and the many that didn’t make it), the M- Pact makes the most sense for beginner and experienced airsoft players.
Check out the M-Pact on Amazon now.