There are many different factors to consider when playing paintball. What kind of paintball gun should you buy? What kind of paintballs should you buy? However, the number of paintballs you have is one of the most essential parts of playing paintball.
On average you can expect to go through 200 paintballs in an hour, but this depends highly on what kind of player you are and which variation of paintball game you are playing. Of course, there are other important factors to consider.
Even if you find the perfect gun that fits you just right, and you see a ball that works just right with your paintball gun. There still are more factors that can affect your paintball game. How many paintballs you purchase and how many you have in your paintball guns hopper are two significant parts of any paintball game.
How Many Paintballs You Will Need
One of the biggest questions that everybody asks when playing paintball is how many balls do you need for a game. Although this is an excellent question, it is a hard one to answer. How many paintballs you need per match depends on what type of paintball player you are.
Most paintball hoppers, on average, hold anywhere between 200 and 300 paintballs. The 300 paintballs could last you for a few different matches, depending on how you play paintball. If you are a very aggressive player and fire your paintball gun a lot during a game, you will quickly run out of ammo. Studies done on paintball players show that the average paintball player will go through about 200 paintballs in an hour. This number will be a lot less if you are not a very aggressive player. If these 200 paintballs an hour describes you, then the average bag of 1000 paintballs will last you all day, maybe even with some to spare.
Info: Paintball guns on full auto are capable of shooting more than 15-20 paintballs per second. However, the standard rental paintball guns are mechanical and not full auto. But even with those, you can go through paintballs fast (watch the video below).
The Best Paintballs to Use
Here is a good list of paintballs to stick to when considering the best of the best:
• Valken Infinity Paintballs- The infinity paintballs come in a case of 2000 paintballs. They are built with an extra durable shell that helps this paintball stay intact when it is bouncing around your hopper. These are very versatile paintballs that are loved by both pros and beginners.
• Veska Paintballs- This paintball comes in a variety of buying options that fans love. You can purchase these balls in a bundle of 500. 1000, and 2000 rounds. One downfall of these balls is that they only come in three colors. They are available in pink, yellow, and orange.
• JT Splatmaster Paintballs- The Splatmaster paintball is a non-toxic paintball that is used by many pros. The fact that it is non-toxic makes it an excellent choice for pros and beginners. The balls come in a variety of colors and have a very durable shell. One downfall of these balls is that they are a bit pricy.
• Valken Graffiti Paintballs– The Valken Graffiti paintball is built with an extra durable shell. This extra-durable shell is loved by paintballers everywhere. Unlike other balls that are constructed with an extra thick shell, these balls still have no problem splattering when they hit their target. These balls come in a variety of colors as well, which is another bonus.
When choosing a paintball to use, price isn’t everything. Some paintball manufacturers sell cheap balls that damage rather quickly. You want to make sure that the balls you buy are very durable, so they don’t make a mess inside of your hopper. It can even happen that in the middle of the battle chaos the paint can get inside of your mouth.
How Many Paintballs Come in a Pack
Many people want to know how many paintballs come in a bag. The amount of balls you get depends on what size bag you buy. Most bags of paintballs come in packs containing:
- 500 paintballs
- 1000 paintballs
- 2000 paintballs
The more paintballs you get in a bag, the more significant the amount of money that you are going to spend. Usually, a bag of 1000 balls will last a paintball player for about four or five hours. If you want to make sure you have enough balls for all-day play, then you should buy the bag of 2000 balls.
You’ll have more for the future and most likely save money with the bulk purchase.
If you have a lot of balls leftover after playing, it is important that you keep the paintballs clean and that they are stored in a dry place. This will ensure that moisture doesn’t get into the balls and cause them to be ruined and break too easily. This will also save you much money that you would be spending replacing your paintballs.
The Best Paintball Hoppers To Use
What paintball hopper you use with your gun is a significant part of playing paintball. Your hopper or loader as its sometimes called is how you hold ammo for your paintball gun. Every paintball gun has a hopper, without one you wouldn’t be able to play for very long. Here are some of the best paintball hoppers on the market right now.
• Proto Primo Paintball Hopper- The Proto Primo paintball hopper is very versatile. It is a hopper that a lot of players love to use when playing. This hopper is a lot cheaper than others so it is seen in the paintball world a lot. This hopper can hold up to 200 paintballs. Instead of using electricity to load the paintball gun, this loader is gravity fed. One major downfall of this hopper is that it weighs a lot more than other kinds.
• DYE LT-R Paintball Hopper- The DYE LT-R is an electric fed paintball hopper. It is one of the most liked electric fed hoppers on the market. It only needs three AA batteries to function. The batteries last a long time. Hopper can shoot roughly 80,000 balls before you need to change the batteries. It holds around 200 paintballs. A major downfall of this hopper is that it jams pretty easily.
• Virtue Spire Paintball Hopper– The Virtue Spire hopper is an electric hopper. It’s very popular and it comes in many different colors and has a very sleek appearance. This hopper is an excellent hopper for beginners because it loads paintballs very well with little to no jamming. The Virtue Spire can hold up to 200 paintballs. The only negative aspect of this hopper is that it is a little pricy.
• Empire Halo Too Paintball Hopper- This is another hopper that is great for beginners playing the game. It has a super quiet belt that doesn’t make a lot of sounds when firing. it can feed about 20 paintballs per second. This hopper does a really good job of preventing jams. One has one major downfall though. It is a bit tricky to disassemble.
When shopping for a paintball hopper, size isn’t everything. Some hoppers on the market only hold 50 paintball rounds. Depending on how much you fire the gun, is a significant factor of which hopper you should buy. But the average hopper holds about 200 rounds. These hoppers that keep 200 rounds are perfect for any type of paintball match. If you need more rounds you can upgrade to a hopper that holds 300 rounds.
It is essential that when purchasing balls, you make sure that the ones you choose are non-toxic. Most paintballs on the market are non-toxic, but some manufacturers still use toxic paint because it is cheaper. It is essential to do your research on the paintballs that you are going to be using.